Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Koduveri




The KPN was as fast as the auto and it dropped me at Tirupur around 6AM ,Saturday morning.Before i could reach my home i got a call from my parents that few of my relatives had arrived prior to me.I reached my home and after an hour my aunt said how about a trip to Koduveri?After a tiring 8hours journey i really really wanted to sleep but they took me to this place on compulsion.It was good that i went else i would have soaked in sweat at my home as my home experienced a indefiniter power failure.Thanks to Mr.Arcot Veeraswamy.


I never knew about this place before.The Kodiveri dam is located 10 kms from Gobichettipalayam.This place was not that great but definitely enough for one who is in need of a real quick break from his work stress.For the first time in my life i travelled by Parisal,the spherical shaped small boat to cross the water stretch.After a small walk a sight of relief.You can see a small waterfalls but its wide enough to accomodate more people than a five falls in koutralam.Its Always fun to get soaked in falls when the mercury is high.A lot of road side shop sells fish fry and i found this fish fry less expensive and more tasty than the ones i had in marina.I was informed by one of the local people that this place was shot in the movie,Chinnathambi starring Prabhu and Kushboo.


Unfortunately my W610i was too weak to capture the panaromic view of the falls.I have to get a better Camera soon-:(

The picture displayed above was shot while returning from Koduveri and has nothing to do with the dam or falls.I just want to post at least one picture and i did that,coz its my blog-:)

I Recommend this place for Singles,Bike Travellers.

Not much options to eat other than Fish fry.Definitely not much to see in this place,would be good for a day including to and fro travel.

Cheers,16.01.226.07


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you from Tirupur?

Sethu S said...

Yes! Sorry for the late response though

Locations of visitors to this page